Friday, June 19, 2009

Walk On

It was really disorganized scrambling before I really could finish up everything that was supposed to be finished at the beginning of this summer semester, and sit down in such a hot Mississippi Friday summer morning to start updating my blog. It's a very short semester, it is supposed to be like this busy and pushing.

It was not until I read other peers' blogging did I realize I still haven't posting anything talking about myself. I have been here for almost half an year, which includes a whole semester, and have been taken several of the Instructional Technology courses. In two of Dr. Wang's classes, I used created course blogs like this, but failed to keep the blog going very well. It is new semester, and I thought it might be good to just combine these blogs into one and keep it moving forward. With Dr. Wang's approval, I combined the two course blogs into one and named it "My Educational Technology Road". I used to read a lot of professional's blogs in this field, both written in Chinese as well as English, and I was really amazed by their experience and sensitivity to find new things in education. I thoguth maybe one day I might be experienced in this field and become "somewhat" knowledgable about this field, and then be able to blog like that, like a real scholar. And hence I am setting this little blog here, wishing it could advance like that.

I have been living in China for the past 23 years before I flew to the US and started the academic journey. I just read Roslyn's blog about "when I grew up" and was interested because I have always been amazed by my realizing the notion that life is an amazing journey, you never know where the next stop is gonna be, even though you may plan a lot. I used to devote myself into find arts and thought I might become a painter when I grew up. And when I was old enough the world had already been changed a lot by technology, especially in such a skyrocketingly developing country. Lots of professional no longer draw and paint with brushes and canvas, but with their laptop, digital tablet, and Photoshop. There were even more room and posilibities for them to actulize their fancy imagination, even though in such a 15-inch-wide screen. I was fascinated in digital arts, in graphic design, photography and digital painting. I then thought maybe I could possibly become a digital artist, or graphic designer.

Like I said, life is just like an amazing journey and you never know where the next stop is gonna possibly be (I just realized it's a little alike to Forrest Gump's famous movie lines). It is really amazing that I am now being a graduate student in another country and exploiting my journey within the academia, instead of sitting in my studio doing the graphic work. I do have bewilderment sometimes for this is really a new journey, a journey I did not expected when I was a little boy (I used to read slowly, did mathmatics slowly, did not have good memories and could only spend a lot of time to keep up my academic records). However, I am delighted to alwasy keep walking on on this journey, even though there might be obstacles. We
just need a little spirit to face them. U2 has a song named Walk On, I like it a lot. It reminds me what to do when I may sometimes become frustrated.

I set this blog as the official course blog for IT 648, and meanwhile a documentary for my such academic journey.

And P.S., I enjoying stay here in the United States, this is part of my new journey, too. I especially enjoy the flowers, nice people and the sunsets here, they're just so beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Wow,

    Terry I think that this is a very stimulating read. You should definitely right more about your journey! I would agree to just keep walking and let life reveal its many hidden treasures, just as it has opened up many technology possibilities that we didn't know would exist when we were litte. Keep up the scholarly work!

    Your teammate,
    Roslyn

    ReplyDelete